Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThatSithOverThere t1_iyegexk wrote

Most of the time when an actor publicly talks about not returning to a role, it’s likely just them using that as leverage for a better deal from the studio. Like with Tom Holland talking about retiring as Spider-Man after No Way Home or James Cameron not doing Avatar 4 & 5.

Alpha_Msp t1_iyer266 wrote

The studio probably said they'd replace him with Arnold and Sylvester offered to do it for free. 🤣🤣🤣

ShutupGustov t1_iyeyy5s wrote

James Cameron not doing Avatar 4 & 5 may be a blessing.

DanMorgan405 t1_iyf0esp wrote

No kidding. I liked Avatar but I certainly didn't ask for James Cameron to abandon filmmaking so he can make 10 Avatar movies instead of more classics.

Djinnwrath t1_iyf99j8 wrote

All I'm saying is, his two best films are sequels.

Don't write off Avatar 2 just yet.

DanMorgan405 t1_iyfa0gq wrote

Hope they are masterpieces because Avatar is probably my least favorite Cameron film that I've watched.

Djinnwrath t1_iyfcp9b wrote

I liked it more than The Abyss.

−2

DanMorgan405 t1_iyfelir wrote

Man, I loved the Abyss probably for nostalgia.

It has definitely aged worse than say Terminator 2 and has some serious pacing issues. It's not near the same levels as Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I just want more James Cameron because he is so creative. I just am worried he is making something out of passion rather than a good story.

notGeneralReposti t1_iyf6fod wrote

50 Cent did this after every season of Power. Kept talking smack until he got a renewal and raise.