Submitted by [deleted] t3_ypr71t in television

I remember in the late 90's, my Mima would pick me up from elementary school and take me back to her house to watch me until one of my parents got home from work.

She would always make me cream cheese squishies as a snack, and let me watch reruns of "Charles in Charge". I remember that channel 11 would show back to back episodes every day. Charles was my favorite.

I loved that show much, that I didn't want my Mima to pick me up from school anymore. I wanted Charles to.

Good memories.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

meowskywalker t1_ivklugn wrote

I truly do not understand this meme. How many times do you need to post about a mediocre sitcom starring budget-Fonzie? Is it supposed to be funny? Who’s laughing at this?

chogram t1_ivmv6f9 wrote

I thought you were exaggerating.

Dude has posted about Charles in Charge like 15 times in the last week.

I have fond memories of that show too, but outside of the theme song being awesome, it didn't have much redeeming value, or do anything that a dozen other "out of place housekeeper/nanny" shows didn't do better.

Stanley_Merkel t1_ivkqful wrote

Why would anyone be laughing?

Am I not allowed to talk about a show that I grew up loving?

If you don't like it, then move on!

−1

RayZinnet t1_ivke2kt wrote

Early 50's (less than 4 years old) my mom would turn on The 3 Stooges so we would watch that and stay out of her way. Pretty sure that most present-time parents cringe at that thought LOL. Then we would watch some soaps, like Guiding Light and Search for Tomorrow, with her.

ZombieFluffy t1_ivkm74d wrote

Got to be either watching Dinosaurs or Jem and the Holograms. I always wanted to be a member of The Misfits.

rshacklef0rd t1_ivkcvwg wrote

Watching the Space Giants in the early 70's on channel 44 out of Chicago in the afternoon.

RockstarJem t1_ivke2mu wrote

watching toonami on cartoon network after school the 90's through 2007

Actionquest66 t1_ivkko55 wrote

Mine was definitely the original 80’s Ninja turtles or “Hero Turtles” which is what it was called here in England at the time.

anasui1 t1_ivklorp wrote

the Benny Hill Show on ITV back in, dunno, 1985? Absolutely loved it as a child and love it now, Benny was a real comedy genius

simcoe19 t1_ivlf8dv wrote

I am born 84 and whiIe can’t pin point the exact shows but

All in the family (grandparents watched it) SBTB Elf Todays special (Canadian tv) Degrassi (Canadian tv) Ready or not (Canadian tv)

fdjadjgowjoejow t1_ivlyqu4 wrote

Colonel Bleep - 1957

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Bleep

Give YouTube a look see if you are curious. This cartoon sparked the beginning of a beautiful friendship between my self and science fiction.

Don't get me started on Penny from "Sky King" circa 1950's as well.

PhillySkunk t1_ivqt910 wrote

Pinwheel- Early Nickeloden show!!