Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

biotofu t1_j1yar32 wrote

And there is going to be a new wave of anime adaptations coming to Netflix after the cowboy bebop blunder... live action yuyu Hakusho, live action my hero academia, live action one piece... if show runners understand them they would understand that they aren't good for live action adaptations unless you drastically change their visuals and plots, which comes with a high risk of disappointing fan backlash.

stormatombd t1_j1ysrhf wrote

Atleast yuyu live action still made by Japanese, and japan it self still suck for making live action, except reruni kenshin.

If i were work on hollywood for 10 year, i will make zoids live action and stick to the source material, bc i watch it and love it.

Not like some of those writer/director who never what anime at all. I bet who the one helm my hero academia live action never watch the anime or read manga. He even fuck up kanobi

biotofu t1_j1yt36c wrote

If I am netflix, I'd adapt Pluto, monster and 20th century boys. They can even make a western version of 20th century Boys set in some small mid west town.

stormatombd t1_j1ytqoe wrote

What is pluto.?

I even still dont undertand where the giant robot come from in 20th century boys and did his friend already plan the world domination from he still kid?

biotofu t1_j1yu5p4 wrote

Pluto also from the same Manga writer as 20th century boys. It's kinda like blade runner. A cyborg tries to solve a murder mystery. Got a really cool setting. And netflix can do a diversity cast that makes sense here.

It's not that long. Def worth reading!