Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cold08 t1_j0af0r5 wrote

They are aware that they need to have tv shows on their tv show streaming service right? Like people don't just give them money for shits and giggles.

RespectThyHypnotoad t1_j0b8s72 wrote

They'll have it, shitty reality shows. HBO is going to be more discovery than HBO.

PhillAholic t1_j0ci1ak wrote

Do the kind of people that like that pay for streaming services?

freedraw t1_j0eaouw wrote

But…who’s gonna keep paying $15/month for that?

AgentOfSPYRAL t1_j0c0p56 wrote

I get people are pissed, but the shows they are moving off the service are likely shows people aren’t watching.

Imo Casey Bloys is still cooking with HoD, Last of Us, Succession, white lotus, White House plumbers, Idol, Barry, Curb, Love and Death, Perry Mason, and Winning Time.

I do hope some of the Max stuff sticks around. And I get people just being pissed, for example if Warrior gets cancelled I’ll be grabbing my pitchfork with everybody else.

cold08 t1_j0c4qni wrote

I don't know man, I'm paying a lot of money to watch White Lotus once a week

AgentOfSPYRAL t1_j0cdom3 wrote

I enjoy a lot of their movies too, but I’ll definitely concede at least 40% of that is dependent on the Fox searchlight deal.

AnubisSaves t1_j0cvv5q wrote

The more niche shows are the ones people become passionate about and stick around for. You found a "hidden gem" so you are more likely to try more shows on the service. Except slowly the pattern continues and those keep disappearing abruptly and then HBO is only worth paying for this month if the big show you care about is airing new episodes.