Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

badgersprite t1_j6gzr8m wrote

It didn’t start out weird. It actually started out really wholesome where some critic bashed the show and said everything about it was awful even making false claims that the show was racist, and then a bunch of dudes who would normally hate girls’ cartoons checked it out and were like actually this is a good show, we’ve decided to defend it against people who hate it for no reason.

lookatmecats t1_j6h0gt8 wrote

It got more wholesome over time, it started out on 4chan

Neracca t1_j6k7k9y wrote

Oddly if I recall right it it did start out as wholesome even on 4chan for the most part. Because "ironic" humor of people like them enjoying the show was still big at the time.

jumpsteadeh t1_j6gxwpw wrote

It was weird, but I miss the positivity from those times. I got to take a break from cynicism for like 2 years, and not alone, but with a bunch of other weirdos.

MangeurDeCowan t1_j6hb4zh wrote

>I got to take a break from cynicism

It won't do you any good, but whatever.

nelsonwehaveaproblem t1_j6i148o wrote

Sooo many people didn't get this, I feel for you bro.

MangeurDeCowan t1_j6ma8ir wrote

Thanks...
I know that making a joke doesn't always come across in written text without my stupid grin, but I thought this would've been obvious...

nelsonwehaveaproblem t1_j6mb4rr wrote

I thought it was pretty obvious too but I keep forgetting to remember that the average person is dumb as fuck, and half of all people are dumber that that.

EsquilaxM t1_j6h7l55 wrote

Give it a try. It's cute, funny, and has some great messages. I've only seen a few episodes but it's really nice that a show that teaches important lessons on friendship and health is available to all ages. Especially when some of those lessons are things you wouldn't pick up until a teenager or young adult.

frenin t1_j6hb2ef wrote

No.

EsquilaxM t1_j6hcjkb wrote

Ok. Just doesn't seem fair to call it weird. (Unless you're referring to some of the more sexual parts of the fandom)

traceitalian t1_j6hepiv wrote

My daughter tried watching it and even in comparison to her other shows the writing was bad and the characters lacked any depth or nuance. It's a kids show, yeah I understand but there's other shows aimed at the same audience that aren't as terrible

Solidsnakeerection t1_j6on3vb wrote

It took about a season to find its legs but thinning the characters lack depth is simply a sign of not playing attention.

traceitalian t1_j6oobjk wrote

It's a kids show and not a good one, it doesn't hold a candle to comparable television.

−1

Dull_Cockroach_1581 t1_j6hilsr wrote

>Give it a try. It's cute, funny, and has some great messages. I've only seen a few episodes but it's really nice that a show that teaches important lessons on friendship and health is available to all ages. Especially when some of those lessons are things you wouldn't pick up until a teenager or young adult.

So you're saying you should watch it if you're an emotionally stunted weirdo? Gotcha.

−12

DMPunk t1_j6htz6t wrote

Sounds like it would be perfect for you

Dull_Cockroach_1581 t1_j6hxwnx wrote

>Sounds like it would be perfect for you

You bronies sure get salty fast 🤣

−10

Neracca t1_j6k7d8w wrote

So? Still is the most accurate answer for this thread weird or not.