Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jscott18597 t1_j6ci5fs wrote

We as a website (reddit) really need to work on the definition of underrated.

Just because you heard Hey Jude for the first time doesn't mean The Beatles are underrated.

Oh_hey_a_TAA t1_j6e5ota wrote

Every day someone stumbles upon something for the first time, no matter how many times it's been discussed on Reddit.

ean6625 t1_j6bhpre wrote

High key no its not

VSBakes t1_j6bw8fx wrote

For real who finds this underrated?

Scotsmania t1_j6a0s5z wrote

At the start yeah but the writing ends up all over the place as it progresses.

sofewcharacters t1_j6bxz2p wrote

Low points were the aging pill, O'Reily's mum working at the prison, and the fact Alvarez managed to avoid death row but Cyril didn't.

Fucking brutal show, though. Without it, The Sopranos wouldn't have happened when it did.

djkhan23 t1_j6ar4y7 wrote

Worst ending ever

"But what you don't understand is that ALL life is precious to me!"

".. Didn't you kill a guy with your fingernails in season 2?"

"..."

Fat-Villante t1_j6bbhrl wrote

Oz was super fun, tons of memorable characters and shockingly gruesome at times

I don't consider it a top 5 HBO show but that's just because HBO has produced so many amazing shows like the Wire, Rome, the Sopranos and the Deuce

Jason2648 t1_j6bumon wrote

Oz really isnt any better or worse then the wire

−2

Fat-Villante t1_j6cqb53 wrote

I disagree, Oz is great but the Wire is the best show ever to me

[deleted] t1_j6ajr3a wrote

I tried to get into it but most of the characters I liked didn't last and it was too chaotic

infodawg t1_j6a443v wrote

Like wizard of?

BOBfrkinSAGET t1_j6aawil wrote

No it’s a show about prison. Never seen it but I’ve heard it’s good. From op.

NGNSteveTheSamurai t1_j6emm7t wrote

I had a hard time getting into it. It’s too theatre-y for me. It feels less like a show and more like a play where everyone monologues nonstop.

Subway_Bernie_Goetz t1_j6hds2h wrote

It was considered one of the best things on TV at the time and for years after, even though it was corny. People don't know about it because it ended 20 years ago and it didn't achieve immortal status like The Sopranos or The Wire. Also Prestige TV shows like Oz were for a select few back then. They didn't have the mass appeal you saw with Game of Thrones. It was almost like they were trying to alienate viewers with all the awful prison rape.