Submitted by Chilis1 t3_10j0mxl in television

It's a nice wholesome show that's fun to watch, even if you don't understand football it explains any terminology and such as it comes up.

*Also watching this right after Ted Lasso is giving me the weirdest Deja Vu.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

res30stupid t1_j5hxgla wrote

Here's a fun easter egg in the recent FIFA - if you put Wrexham up against a major club, Ryan and Rob will actually do the match intro commentary.

epicmarc t1_j5j3gv5 wrote

Do you mean Sunderland til I die? Tbh the Wrexham show doesn't even come close for me on account of the pure unadulterated shitstorm that Sunderland season was.

Flabby-Nonsense t1_j5jf8du wrote

Yeah Sunderland til I die is the perfect football doc. Brilliantly captures the culture while also being thoroughly entertaining

Chilis1 OP t1_j5j7sgf wrote

Oh yeah lol, where the hell did I get "This is Sunderland" from? I agree nothing can compare to that but still.

mickeyflinn t1_j5j8ikr wrote

Welcome to Wrexham has a much more positive spin and heavily leverages the star power of McElhenney and Reynolds, it actually defaults to that really. It is a fun show, it is more about McElhenney and Reynolds embracing that team and community.

Sunderland Till I Die focuses on the management of the football team and the fans that are Sunderland fan's till they die. It is a lot more bleak and is very good. I like it more than Welcome To Wrexham.

Sunderland Till I Die had two seasons and then Covid happened. They have a two part season three coming and then that is it.

GoNinjaGoNinjaGo69 t1_j5ktyht wrote

So my wife and I got into premier league via arsenal amazon series. Now we have watched every game this season so far. We did Wrexham and the hooligan episode she was so confused. So I told her we have to watch green street hooligans movie.

So we most likely will enjoy Sunderland till I die I guess. Thanks for the info.

HowardBunnyColvin t1_j5ho0bu wrote

It's a pretty decent show. I watched the first few episodes.

[deleted] t1_j5iuazx wrote

[deleted]

browtfareyoudoing t1_j5jqd75 wrote

Hamilton Bulldogs owner Michael Andlauer and Oshawa Generals owner Rocco Tullio have formed a partnership in an attempt to buy the Senators.

As much as I want Reynolds to buy the team, I don’t see him winning the bid.

ed_lv t1_j5jb1q3 wrote

Sunderland till I die is very dark and depressing, but Welcome to Wrexham is mostly quite opposite.

I enjoyed both, but Wrexham is definitely more of a feel good story, cause at least people of Wrexham have something to look forward to now. I highly recommend both.