Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rgumai t1_j6jxl97 wrote

Great news! I know it's not an overly popular show but it's breezy and fun in a way little else is right now.

Saar13 t1_j6k4ux8 wrote

There was even a date set for filming the new season. Apple sometimes does not announce some renewals.

Tehran has not been officially renewed, but they are already filming S3 in Athens. The Big Door Prize hasn't even premiered, but they've already started filming S2. Foundation's S3 is already in production and they start filming in April (S2 only opens in the summer).

People find out through tweets, photos or production listings.

ascagnel____ t1_j6kf0bf wrote

Isn’t Tehran someone else’s production, and Apple only has US distribution rights? That would make sense, since someone else is going to be making the final renewal/cancellation decision.

Saar13 t1_j6kil71 wrote

No. Apple is a producer from S2 and global distributor. They announced the renewal for S2, by the way.

bakerzdosen t1_j6nbgsh wrote

I think Shantaram really messed things up for Apple in that regard. To make an announcement mere hours before the season finale was released (that ended in “To Be Continued” no less) saying it would not be renewed was a pretty lousy move IMHO.

It’s left us questioning every new show from them now (eg Echo 3).

lustinus t1_j6kfapm wrote

This show is SO good and Season 2 was even better than the first. It's just the most warm, wholesome, entertaining, and fun show on TV.

So happy that it got renewed for another season!

bloodydingbat t1_j6kpqpx wrote

A very fun show, easy to watch, wifey and I love it. Dare I say, it's higher on our list than Ted Lasso, just so easy to watch.

Though I have to say, hard to see them dragging it out more than 3 seasons.

Radulno t1_j6o7z8p wrote

How so? He's far from being the business mogul that he is supposed to be in the future. Though at some point, I imagine it would have to quit the hotel but even then we still have some time before that (I imagine he ultimately becomes the boss/owner of the hotel)

TacosAndBoba t1_j6kifyh wrote

Thank god! I love this show, it's so slept on

L1ttl3_john t1_j6l23y5 wrote

I’m a deeply cynical person with a shrivelled heart and I will not stop recommending this show. Wholesome good fun, watch it people!

openew t1_j6jzlw7 wrote

Great news! But as a fan of the show I hope they wrap it up in S3. Its starting to drag out and become less fun.

cynic74 t1_j6kk61j wrote

The show is such a breath of fresh air and so funny!

daffyscott t1_j6kxzhh wrote

Let's go!!!!! Apple the only streaming service doing things right

Yummie23 t1_j6lnnmr wrote

This show has an amazing vibe and and cast which adds to its charm. Here's hoping for an even better season 3!

tacoorpizza t1_j6kt8g2 wrote

Great! I was hoping season 2 wasn’t the end of it.

dege283 t1_j6nc34y wrote

I am so happy!!! One of the best shows on Apple TV!

rsareen22 t1_j6m1zfa wrote

So happy about this!

curious3247 t1_j6ko9bh wrote

How is it different from the white lotus?

I think i may want to give it a try. Thanks for suggestions

PengoMaster t1_j6krp5c wrote

It’s nothing like White Lotus. It’s funny, sweet and actually quite clever at times. Very easy to watch and imo very easy to enjoy.

Saar13 t1_j6ku802 wrote

It's a fun and simple comedy. A gem that many people think is better than Ted Lasso.

That's what I feel with Trying, a comedy also by Apple, which has already been renewed for season 4, and I think it's sad that few people watch it. Lucky to be at Apple.

jbaker1225 t1_j6lvxcr wrote

As recent adoptive parent, the wife and I fucking love Trying. I wish more people would check it out.

zeissman t1_j6m9jf3 wrote

Trying is factor thing on Apple TV. There’s something about that show that just touches my soul. And I don’t even like kids much.

icup2 t1_j6lrlfa wrote

ECZEMA

Trix_Are_4_90Kids t1_j6m8nin wrote

Yes! I love this show! I remember when Acapulco was thee vacation spot. That resort is so tacky and so '80's. Memo is my favorite!

RunningToStayStill t1_j6l9cxt wrote

Gotta meet that quota somehow; same with Truth Be Told Season 3.

−3