Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

onlypham t1_j4fkcwq wrote

When I’m 63 do you know how much shit I’m gonna hate? I don’t because it hasn’t been invented yet, and my social world view hasn’t been shook yet but I’m sure there’s gonna be some stuff.

hour_of_the_rat t1_j4fm2bn wrote

>I’m sure there’s gonna be some stuff.

Self-entitlement is something that has existed for probably 50,000 years.

Imagine being of the first few generations that learned to make fire. Their kids grew up thinking fire was just an everyday thing, and probably let the embers go out on too many occasions, only to have Mom & Dad come home and be like WTF, why did you let the coals go out?

Because we can just get them going again.

I wasn't gone all day hunting wooly mammoth just so that you could let the coals go out. Back in my day keeping the coals going was the most important thing.

--

When a generation introduces a technology or a better implementation of an older tech, the next generation grows up not understanding the importance of the technological leap that was made. It has always existed for them, so they don't value it as much as the people who mainstreamed it.

Whatever tech people born in the past 20 years mainline is going to be taken for granted by their kids, and in 2060 the people born in 2000 are going to look at kids born in 2030 as being entitled asshats.

−4