Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Timperz t1_j6a98a0 wrote

>Europe and they fell asleep half way through

>Some people have short attention spans, god bless them.

Had nothing to do with their attention spans, but good job on a snarky comment that completely missed the point, I guess

>He shat on the lowest hanging fruit.

>Previously you said conservatives in this regard, i corrected you. In onion its fluke billionaires...and their naïve sycophants.

You didn't correct jack mate. He shits on the lowest hanging fruit, doesn't matter if it's conservatives, billionaires, Andrew Tate streamers or 'crazy libruls'. They are ALL low hanging fruit.

And yes I laughed during Grant's cameo, because he is actually funny and talented actor, unlike the script. It is no coincidence that the best parts were Hawke's and Grant's performances: they had limited screentime and didn't get completely sucked into Johnson's lazy writing schticks

Kathryn Hahn is one of the best comedic actresses working today and he gave her absolutely nothing to play with, which is a damn shame. The film is UNfunny. Also a bad mystery film. If not for the cast list, this film would fall into Netflix fodder bin, guaranteed

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/glass-onion-a-knives-out-mystery/critic-reviews

Not as unanimous praise as you think.

We can keep going in circles here, like you constantly deflecting 'easily available info' and never actually providing any evidence of your claims, because clearly you have no idea what the concept 'burden of proof' means

If you liked Glass Onion, be my guest, I truly don't give a shit you and thousands of others are happy to settle for appallingly mediocre entertainment just because the script validates your viewpoints. There are people that have the bar set a bit higher than that.

Malowski1 t1_j6aib9a wrote

>Had nothing to do with their attention spans

No, because you made it up.

>You didn't correct jack mate

I did.

>And yes I laughed during Grant's cameo

Im glad him opening a door tickled your funny bone, how your imaginary family didnt wake up from you chuckling is a mystery.

> It is no coincidence that the best parts were Hawke's and Grant's performances

The talk of the town.

>If not for the cast list

Screenplay.

>Not as unanimous praise as you think.

Never said it was 100% (few films are), but it was a critical success.

> 'easily available info'

Google.

>for appallingly mediocre entertainment

Critically acclaimed.

>There are people that have the bar set a bit higher than that.

Ben Shapiro, lol.

Timperz t1_j6awzkr wrote

>Had nothing to do with their attention spans

>No, because you made it up.

Yeah, I made it up for sure. I need to make up a basic personal story on Reddit rofl. Maybe your detective skills are so shite because you watch shite detective films

>You didn't correct jack mate

>I did.

Nope

>Im glad him opening a door tickled your funny bone, how your imaginary family didnt wake up from you chuckling is a mystery.

Yikes dude, yikes

>Screenplay.

Was bad, yes

>Not as unanimous praise as you think.

>Never said it was 100% (few films are), but it was a critical success.

Because of the cast and the politics

> 'easily available info'

>Google.

Still no sources on your claims. I'm not gonna do the work for you if you keep making shit up

>There are people that have the bar set a bit higher than that.

>Ben Shapiro, lol.

It's always projection. You might be on the other side of the barricade, but your mental capacity is similar to his. And I despise Shapiro

Malowski1 t1_j6cy978 wrote

>Yeah, I made it up for sure

Indeed.

>Nope

Yes.

>Yikes dude, yikes

Chuckling at door openings, only if your lethargic family was awake for this scene and others.

>Was bad, yes

Good and critically well received by audiences and critics.

>Because of the cast and the politics

Critics were quite clear that the Screenplays were the main strength.

>and the politics

When you thought he was being overly mean to conservatives.

Wild.

>It's always projection.

What projection exactly?

Timperz t1_j6dvhuw wrote

>Chuckling at door openings, only if your lethargic family was awake for this scene and others.

Yes dude, it was just bored Hugh Grant casually opening the door with a straight face. Not like there was an entire context, his nanny clothes and delivery. For someone who loves sniffing Rian's farts you sure missed the only passable comedic moment in the film

>Good and critically well received by audiences and critics.

Slightly above average reception, majority agreed it was noticeably worse than Knives Out. You can check out the Metacritic link again, because you have no sources for anything

>Critics were quite clear that the Screenplays were the main strength.

Nope again, and until you provide any resemblance of factual proof, you can keep living in a fantasy

>and the politics

>When you thought he was being overly mean to conservatives.

Your reading comprehension is appallingly bad. Read my comments properly or fuck off already

Actually nevermind, stop replying to me altogether, that would be much appreciated

>It's always projection.

>What projection exactly

Google it.