Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

onebadmex66 t1_j7zlmhn wrote

I imagine it is annoying but the takeaway is you have a lot of people who care about you so much, deviation from expected patterns sends out alarm bells. Some kids don't get that kind of love from their family. Some kids go missing and no one notices for days, weeks, months.

−16

letmeseesubreddits t1_j7zm8qf wrote

this kind of “care” is ridiculous and will continue until either i am 30 or they pass away. they did the same to my mom when she was in her mid-20’s working two jobs living two hours away from them because they somehow had it in their heads that she ran off to mexico. lost her her jobs because they wouldn’t stop calling asking where she was every day of the year, told her friends she was insane and schizophrenic and planning on killing them, because she wouldn’t respond to their texts as her attempt to go no-contact.

onebadmex66 t1_j7zsarj wrote

Fair enough. Over reaction isn’t good, but no reaction definitely is worse. Hopefully you can get them to understand what acceptable responses are. Good luck!

−17

letmeseesubreddits t1_j7zspxe wrote

even if i don’t currently agree with your opinion, i can see where you’re coming from and i definitely am luckier than some others in many regards. i do not take this for granted often but my limits are very often pushed. thank you for offering a different perspective to this situation.

o_-o_-o_- t1_j800a9w wrote

Just a comment to say, I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. Youre being more thoughtful than I am sometimes, and it gives me hope for the future. If I ever have kids, I hope I can nurture this same sort of kind and intelligent thoughtfulness in them as you're showing in your comments. Youre doing just fine!

seasamgo t1_j808lcq wrote

Nah, this isn't it. OP appears to have care and love from her mother. The grandparents are overbearing, manipulative and abusing the system for control over the family.

Sure, maybe they care for her in their own twisted way, but OP absolutely does not need to erase how toxic they are just because other kids have been neglected or abandoned.

onebadmex66 t1_j80h43p wrote

Lol you do you champ!

−4

seasamgo t1_j80j0pz wrote

Thank you, boss

You too, chief

Have a wonderful day, big guy