Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

nuadusp t1_jac1272 wrote

wth is this ? and what do you mean it's a skill issue, i can't tell if this is supposed to be pro amazon but insane, or against amazon but seeming to think these are all positives

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh t1_jac62mn wrote

Get yourself a pair of good shoes, if you need steel toecap for the warehouse I suggest going to sports direct and dropping £25 on a decent ish pair! I'm a chef and work 12-15hrs 6 days a week on my feet... I spent £300 on a decent pair of boots and have worn them every day for 3 years (had them resoled twice and it took about a week, worst weeks of my life wearing different shoes)

sg12412 t1_jaclyv8 wrote

Uhhhhhh yeah, so if you're feeling high and haven't taken an opiate you're probably very sick. Get to the hospital. You may have an infection in your foot and now have sepsis.

GuntherTime t1_jacnu5v wrote

I work at amazon (even started out doing the same thing op does), on the same shift, and the only thing I can think of that they’re either doing that shit barefoot or wearing cinderblocks for shoes.

I can stow at a similar rate, and I’ve never had my feet end up like that.

BigPhilly1985 t1_jacozan wrote

You need good shoes/boots and good socks, cushion soles. If your company requires steel/composite shoes, they should have a reimbursement program. My current pair is the Danner Vicious. They were $200. Im on my feet for 10-13 hrs a day as a machinist. Justins work boots are also great, and Thorogoods. Don't get insulated unless you need them. You'll want a breathable boot/shoe. Timberland pros antifatigues are also great they make a shoe about $100 that I've seen alot of workers get and love. I hope this helps you.

Never_Cut_A_Beard t1_jaej2qx wrote

Google "do the best safety shoes" on Amazon. They are so much more comfortable