Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

vpai924 t1_ja4fp9l wrote

Only on Reddit will someone think that's the takeaway of this story rather than "read your boarding pass correctly".

BigWill3o3 t1_ja4h416 wrote

This is why I’m on the app. Oh boy do I love Reddit!

Wiggie49 t1_ja5ftxy wrote

Those are not mutually exclusive though lol

do0tz t1_ja4lcae wrote

I don't get how they "swapped seats" before boarding the plane.

I can see a verbal, "hey, I'm here, when we get on can we switch?" But literally getting in line at the gate won't change the actual boarding pass they scan.

−23

Orchidlance t1_ja4zh96 wrote

I'm not sure why everyone's downvoting you rather than explaining -- it took me a couple of rereads to understand this part of the story too. Nobody was switching at the gate, they were doing it on the plane as usual. The reason the gate is mentioned is that this flight was leaving from gate C3, but OP misread their boarding pass and thought that C3 was their seat. So that's the one they originally mistakenly gave up, rather than their real seat.

fs05 t1_ja57j1z wrote

Everyone’s down voting them because OP made literally no kind of indication that seats were swapped before boarding. They totally pulled that out of their ass 😂

do0tz t1_ja5v4kw wrote

I swear that wasn't in there on the first read through. Everyone commenting at the time I commented were talking about it being at the gate, not ON the plane.

−1