Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Greninja7872 OP t1_jdub6jt wrote

I asked her to write down her intentions but she refused (probably because she knows it'd be used against her) so right now I'm thinking my only defense is her preparing it on her own password protected laptop that I have zero access to. I started the return on my computer, but if she sends it through on her own, I think that will help. I'm also getting out of that apartment ASAP because I am genuinely terrified of being caught up in this shit storm.

Yellow_Dorn_Boy t1_jdubuvk wrote

You write her a mail stating all of the above, that you agreed to help her fill her taxes. You prepared it correctly according to your knowledge, and that you advise her to declare the bonus received.

If she doesn't, she would take over against your advice and you would stop assisting her, as it would be a false declaration of income.

She doesn't have to answer, you just need to keep this mail very carefully, as well as evidence of the prepared tax you did, including the date.

Think of it as if you were an accountant with a mission to prepare your taxes, and your client wants to take over against your advice. That would be a breach of contract and you would not be responsible anymore, as from the date you notify your client that their action caused said breach of contract.

Snoo-43335 t1_jdul0ii wrote

Delete what you have done and make her do it all herself.