Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Samasher17 t1_jb7r3sw wrote

Next week:

TIFU by rubbing cocaine into my Chihuahua's gums.

IJustWantToBeAHuman OP t1_jb7utul wrote

Learned my lesson this time.. the other animals will be safe now.

−3

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_jb7xejc wrote

Guinea pigs should never be alone, if you have them you should always have at least 2. Some countries ban only owning one because they consider it abuse.

Tpk08210 t1_jb7rukd wrote

Today I also learned very basic shit…

stylesuxx t1_jb94z3d wrote

May I ask how old you are? Did your parents give you the guinea pig to check if you are fit to take care for a dog?

I highly recommend you study the type of pet you are thinking about taking care of before you actually get the pet. Most human food is not good for animals (I mean, half the time even we should not be consuming it...). An oversight like this can easily lead to you killing your pet.

Happy everything turned out OK this time.

givenortake t1_jb7yoe7 wrote

If this post isn't a joke:

1. Don't suddenly add anything to a guinea pig's (sole) water bottle. That includes supplements. Guinea pigs are incredibly picky and will quite literally thirst to death if something seems "off" with their water. There are reports of owners adding supplements to water and checking in later only to find dead guinea pigs.

2. Your real fuck-up is buying a single (!!!) guinea pig without doing basic research, I'm assuming.

I'm guessing/hoping this is a troll post, so I'd rather not waste more time writing, sorry.

ThadisJones t1_jba3o77 wrote

Science Lesson Time: Caffeine is a type of organic chemical called an alkaloid. Plants make these chemicals to try and deter insects and small animals from feeding on them. In other words, alkaloids are some of nature's poisons. They are often particularly potent against small animals (because they can't take as much of a dose) and herbivores, because the evolutionary arms race is a son of a bitch. This is why the advice for giving pets caffeine is always going to be DON'T.

WorkingResolution898 t1_jb902z2 wrote

Aw man that’s not cool that poor little Guinea pig your not a scientist mate don’t experiment with a helpless animals, it’s poor little heart could probably explode with the amount of caffeine it would be like giving a person a ounce of Columbian 😂

flawless779 t1_jb7qwk9 wrote

Thank you, this made me laugh so hard! I hope your guinea pig is OK gif

−5

RudeSprinkles1240 t1_jb7w686 wrote

You obviously are not okay.

flawless779 t1_jb7x37h wrote

didn't you just read the story i read? it's something straight out of a 90's sitcom. they learned a lesson and the animal is fine... what's your problem?

−5

RudeSprinkles1240 t1_jb88xgd wrote

My problem is the fact that animal abuse isn't funny, and I doubt that guinea pig actually is fine.

"Straight out of a '90s sitcom" indeed.