Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tru-Queer t1_iryra2m wrote

That was an adventure.

I could tell you were gonna burn something when you mentioned the hookah because I’ve burnt holes in my carpet before with hookah coals but I wasn’t expecting the rest of the story lol

AshenLibra OP t1_is0dsvd wrote

Part of the story that I left out is that I actually built a little wall using extra foil around the coals to keep them in place. This worked against sliding off the top, but I didn't account for potholes that would bounce them.

Tru-Queer t1_is21m2q wrote

So the first house I rented in college, I was like 20 and it was the literal first night I had moved in. I invited some friends over to hookah and didn’t think anything of it. Set the hookah up on the table and we passed the hose around.

I got up to grab something or use the bathroom or whatever but I tried to step over the hose and misjudged how high up it was and ended up pulling the hookah off the table and that fucking coal of course landed on the carpet and burnt a hole in the floor that never got fixed until I moved out. Had to swallow my pride and let the landlord know the next day because I just felt so bad but it didn’t stop me from hookah-ing in the house, lol.