Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mysconduct t1_it4i3w7 wrote

Lol, it's funny how many commenters don't seem to know what a nice guy is. Because this story is a perfect example of nice guy behavior.

Nice guys are guys who try to pressure women into dating them, and/or refuse to take no for an answer. They all cannot believe that someone wouldn't be interested in them because they are a nice guy. Eventually they get the hint and go away after you snap at them, but act like you are overreacting and crazy because they are a nice guy. They also are known for fuck-zoning women. Basically befriending them only to get in their pants. "If only she realized how great of a catch I am!"

OP I'm glad you've been able to self reflect and learned from this situation.

IAMSRK07 OP t1_it652m1 wrote

Thanks for recognising what i meant by 'me becoming the nice guy' a lot of ppl seems to misunderstanding it by drawing it parallel to me calling myself a good person. No i am an asshole.

nowhereman1223 t1_it4rjs3 wrote

Apparently I’m aging myself here, but I never knew “Nice Guy” was a bad thing and an insult.

I’ve always seen it as the person that does the right thing to their own detriment and typically end up alone. “Nice guys finish last” and all that.

karalov t1_it4z507 wrote

If you're familiar with Friends, Ross Geller is what a "nice guy" is by the current definition