Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TangeloBig9845 t1_itabzmr wrote

What breed of dog?

Poggers0g OP t1_itadspj wrote

Shiba inu, specifically my dark orange/brown one

caoram t1_itafmbh wrote

Then you brought this upon yourself. Husky and Shiba owners picked hard mode dog keeping themselves.

Fwamingdwagon84 t1_itaqzt3 wrote

Seriously. I have a husky mix and the few times she has gotten loose, I've had to throw myself on the ground and pretend to be hurt to get her to stop and come back cause her ass is fast and while she knows quite a few commands, we have struggled with "come". Also, pretending you have a treat sometimes works.

Evening-Difficulty17 t1_itakybi wrote

🤣 I knew huskies were a handful, but didn't realize Shibas were too.

Daidis t1_itanej2 wrote

Add Australian Cattle Dogs to the hard mode list as well.....first time dog owner and my fiancee picked him out 🥲

Evening-Difficulty17 t1_itao26o wrote

Is he a runner too? I know they are high energy and need to work.

Kale t1_itbqrfr wrote

Australian shepherds are extremely intelligent. And you have to keep their brains occupied and challenged. Or they will use that brainpower to disrupt your life as much as possible.

After I was married, my wife and I wanted a low maintenance dog, so we got a Brussels Griffon. That dog could stare at a blank wall for three hours and be entertained. He was not bright. Took us forever to house train him but he didn't really enjoy playing like other dogs. He wanted to be petted. He'd bark when someone was at the door. That was the extent of his life. He snored like an idling chainsaw, though.

Evening-Difficulty17 t1_itbw491 wrote

Oh my gosh, that is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Wow, you had some dog!!

chameleonmegaman t1_itcxag0 wrote

i say the exact same thing lol. same thing for corgi or aussie owners. those are all working dogs with double coats...

BUT THEY LOOK SO CUTE IN THE MEMES

3littlebirdies t1_itcn547 wrote

I feel your pain, my Shiba was a runner, too. And an escape artist. It was hard not to take it personally some times!