Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chesu t1_ivn753o wrote

>I instructed my husband to clean it using some bleach

…Sorry, to clarify, in what way were you expecting him to clean it? You said to use bleach, and he used bleach? Is this not on you?

GeofryHempstain t1_ivn7hsy wrote

Hence the post in TIFU, not TMGRHFU (Today my golden retriever husband fucked up)

Relevant_Tax_3737 OP t1_ivnahzr wrote

Yeah this is 100% on me lol. I should have specified HOW to use the bleach.

rumble_salt t1_ivnj7li wrote

Look, as a kid who definitely mixed a lot of chemicals he shouldn’t have… you have to mix a lot of ammonia and bleach to do anything.

Just don’t let him start playing with aluminum and iron iii oxide powder inside… because that makes a mess!

dominus_aranearum t1_ivno812 wrote

>aluminum and iron iii oxide powder

At least this requires an ignition source. Mixing the two without igniting it is harmless.

rumble_salt t1_ivnrix1 wrote

What 15 year old doesn’t do this with an ignition source in his hand?

dominus_aranearum t1_ivntzm6 wrote

That was more or less my point. The entire act of making thermite is intentional. People who mix bleach with another chemical in an attempt to clean something at home are doing it out of ignorance. There's a major difference.

DuffyTDoggie t1_ivnqg78 wrote

Just don't let him mix conc nitric acid with glycerine. Seriously unsafe.

DuffyTDoggie t1_ivnqmz4 wrote

Don't let him rinse the dishes with phosphoric acid

DuffyTDoggie t1_ivnqqgs wrote

Don't let him sprinkle a salad wit low- level nuclear waste.

grizwa t1_ivnokzn wrote

how about a bit of bleach and isopropyl alcohol which i believe results in chloroform

Zpik3 t1_ivnow23 wrote

Sooo.. what would be the method if bleach and urine should not come into contact?

Fun-Pea-880 t1_ivnie05 wrote

Pickup some krud kutter, and he won't make this mistake twice. It's really good at cleaning up urine stains. IME am a cat owner.

I even use it in my ultrasonic cleaner, and if I have greasy clothes, a small bit goes into the wash with the clothes.

This-Relief-9899 t1_ivniopz wrote

No idea that whould happened, Wouldn't have cat.. I would put a bit of bleach in water so your right I guess I did know that.

Chesu t1_ivndrc1 wrote

Oh, whoops, I thought this was in another sub and forgot the title by the time I reached the end of the post… when did TIFU change its icon to this white and blue?