Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FUCKTWENTYCHARACTERS t1_iy4brmd wrote

I mean, obviously OPs situation may be different, but I also am looking for a job right now and I have standards for myself so I don't have one yet. Yeah, I could take a nickel an hour to get verbally abused at Starbucks, but no fucking way unless I have no choice. Not when I was making 18.50 for 3 years and still have a decent amount in savings.

"There's plenty of jobs out there" Yeah. All the shitty ones that don't pay enough, that's why they'll always be available.

Cocomomoizme t1_iy4e6d4 wrote

In my state Starbucks pays over $15 an hour. It’s nice you have options to not have work to support yourself and/or your family while looking for your dream job but not all of us have that option. While working for $3 less an hour you can still look a better job. Are you really pounding the pavement 24/7 to look for jobs? There’s absolutely no downtime at all?

[deleted] t1_iy4fdx4 wrote

[deleted]

Cocomomoizme t1_iy4gzd4 wrote

I live in New England, and tons of jobs are available without qualification that starts at $15 here, specifically retail because of the holiday season. Honestly if you’re young and want a career I’d suggest even a city or government entry position just to get in. You’ll get raises every year and adjustments for inflation, great benefits and a pension. You may start low, around what you were making before but you will double what you make in a a few years.