Submitted by Digitek50 t3_yt2cg6 in tifu

My girlfriend and I have been stuck in a bit of a rut of late; not sleeping well, zero exercise and eating very poorly, resulting in lack of motivation from both of us. We would just sit around on our phones knowing full well we weren't paying any attention to our surroundings. So an advertisement for a local gym on the radio prompted a rather spontaneous discussion regarding aforementioned lazy pieces of shit we were becoming. (we have 2 kids and both work full time, so lazy is obscure to us) After ironing out our problems and both agreeing to eat better, exercise, etc, my girlfriend told me how her dresses don't feel as loose as they did a few months ago and she went into detail about how much weight she had gained in such a short space of time...to which I replied with well at least we addressed the 'Elephant in the room', a phrase she had never heard before. A phrase that, for a split second would be the cause of my untimely death. Oh, if looks could kill! I spent the next few minutes frantically googling the phrase to convince her that I was talking about the problem in it's entirely, and our inability to address it until now, not that I thought she was an actual fucking elephant. Eventually, she did see the funny side.

TL:DR: girlfriend and I got stuck in a rut and got lazy. Girlfriend gained weight. Finally spoke about us and our problems. Told her she looked like an elephant 🐘. Huge misconception. Hilarity ensued

Comments