Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j1qxijw wrote

[deleted]

RawrEspada4 t1_j1qy3l9 wrote

You're right. He's not actually a rapist. He did however sexually assault his friend and if she chooses to report the crime and he's prosecuted I hope no one like you is on that jury because he DID sexually assault her and he should face consequences for that.

−1

[deleted] t1_j1r0ftq wrote

[deleted]

RawrEspada4 t1_j1r2bj8 wrote

I have empathy. For the victim. The woman who trusted her friend after having someone previously sexually assault her only for this friend to turn around and sexually assault her too.

You can have empathy for the assailant as much as you want, you can defend his actions and try to make him feel better for assaulting a woman but at the end of the day he did assault her. There's no changing that and if you're willing to condone the assault and give him a pass for his actions then you're part of the problem.

[deleted] t1_j1r51u5 wrote

[deleted]

RawrEspada4 t1_j1r6hlx wrote

He had no reason to believe she was open to sex. He got too drunk and had no self control. He didn't respect her when she said no. It's all rather simple. I don't think he's a monster, I do think he has seriously fucked up. I do think if she wants to seek an answer to this in the judicial system he should be rightfully found guilty. Which is where I took umbrage with your earlier comment. If she seeks to report this to the police and charges are brought I would hope that 12 reasonable people could see this for the sexual assault it is.

Also wild for you to come at me assuming double standards. It's not about the first attempt to reach in her pants. It's about the fact that she clearly told him no and he continued. In the reverse situation I would still be adamant that a woman on the same situation would be guilty of sexually assaulting her friend.

Also "a good portion 1000 twenty-one year old guys drunk in a makeshift bed with their girl friend would also attempt sexual assault" is not really the argument you think it is.