Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

XOIIO t1_j1dgd1i wrote

>automatic headlights

Please check if your tail lights actually come on at night, I see so many people in newer cars that drive around with no taillights and are absolutely clueless to external stimulus to try and tell them they aren't on.

oversized_hoodie t1_j1e0m7k wrote

I blame the permanently lighted dashboards. In my old 1996 Honda you'd know real damn quick if the headlights weren't on.

Teufel1987 OP t1_j1dh85l wrote

Yep, checked that before buying! The taillights come on too

Although, on cloudy days, my car is super confused!

chico85t t1_j1dk635 wrote

I think that's because people don't realize you actually have to set it to auto in most cars, it's a feature but it doesn't come on by default, at least that's been the case in every car I've had that had auto headlights or auto wipers

gnarly_weedman t1_j1h7tiq wrote

I ALWAYS left my headlights in auto mode in my previous car. Let my old man borrow it for a couple days, and he obviously didn’t like auto headlights and switched them off. Next time I drove after dark it took me embarrassingly long to realise I was driving dark. Felt like a major idiot, and realised how easy it is to become reliant on something to do something for me.

marcocanb t1_j1gbdk6 wrote

Ford is different here for the most part.

You have to consciously turn off the lights by twisting and the default is auto.