Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JayAllOverYourBees t1_j0ed1th wrote

Tupac was literally convicted of two counts of first-degree sexual abuse and served time for them

Just saying, added layer of irony.

[deleted] OP t1_j0fczwi wrote

Oh God that explains his reaction, I can’t feel more ashamed now

jcgreen_72 t1_j0fqbtn wrote

Do not feel ashamed! When a person is learning a new language, mistakes always happen. The men should have corrected you, with kindness and understanding, and explained the mistake, and you all could have had a laugh.

HarryPottersElbows t1_j0gpbky wrote

This! It was a failure in their reaction. If I'm speaking to someone and I know English isn't their first language, I'm not going to be a dick if they mess a word up!! Hell, even if English WAS their first, I won't be a dick lol.

TroublesomeFox t1_j0g4gpy wrote

My russian flatmate once enthusiastically said he couldn't wait to see the sea cats. Turns out he meant sealions 😂

Your learning a whole other language and that's really cool! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about mistakes.

Serephucus t1_j0g7alf wrote

My Chinese girlfriend does this quite a bit.

Eagle beans = chickpeas

Passionate fruit = passionfruit

Metal cloth = tinfoil

They're always hilarious, and definitely not something to be worried about.

starfox_priebe t1_j0gkt2w wrote

I lived in a house with a French exchange student who once came home from a house party and proudly told us that he'd "pet an octopus!" He meant opossum.

Lunakitty93 t1_j0g7ada wrote

I really admire people that can speak 2 languages! Mistakes will happen! I only speak English and I still get muddled up lol

Jarko314 t1_j0f5ei5 wrote

Oooh! Maybe that’s way they didn’t realize right away that is was a mistake and they though OP was pointing out 2pac actions.

Halucinogenije t1_j0gdi5i wrote

• Goes to prison for sexual assault, but found innocent of rape. Released after 11 months when new evidence helping prove his innocence is found. The prosecution states they "lost it" and it was not deliberate.

​

From a great post about 2pac found here, so I hope people give it a read, it has a lot of info on him.

Gottacatch_7777 t1_j0g8n3o wrote

And thats the whole reason the dude took to heart. On the otherhand if they cant have a giggle with u saying funny shit, I’d chose a new family if I was you. Fuck that tight up, proud of who we are bs. We are all human we all cry and shit the same. Big fucking rap fan huh 😂 2pAc bruh 😭😂