Submitted by Rosaluckas10 t3_10k392g in tifu

TW: extreme anxiety

So it happened a week ago and I’m still as shocked.

I landed in Paris with my gf at the airport CDG and took a train to the city. As I was carrying our luggage, my attention was mostly focused on the bags and missed one or two things taking place around us. We arrived at the station “Gare du Nord” and were to change trains. So as we were standing at the platform waiting for our train to come, I felt a very heavy weight pushing my gf from behind, as we were standing “glued” to each other. I saw a man pushing us so my first reaction was to push him back and restore some space. Guys please believe me, I didn’t use any amount of force enough to move an adult human 1mm from the spot, little you know the guy went FLYING, his fall felt so long until he “landed” IN THE TRACKS! I swiftly jumped after him, grabbed him literally like a potato sack and threw him over back to the platform and jumped back over, as the train just arrived, which would have taken me had I been 1 second slower.

I ran to the guy and that’s when I realized he was extremely drunk and didn’t even notice what had just happened. Mind you, this all happened in a fraction of roughly 30 seconds, nobody came to our aid, my gf froze and could only scream. My blood was boiling!

The more time passed, the harder the scene hit me, because, if that shit had happened just a few seconds later, I’d had killed an innocent person and would be the deepest shit I’ve ever been in my life, I would have been arrested for murder and wouldn’t stand a chance against the accusations, there were cameras everywhere. I couldn’t sleep for 3 days straight and got traumatized, still got PTSD. I’d rather die than kill an innocent person, that’s one of my biggest fears.

I really hope that man could make it back to his family alive and live a thousand years happy with his family. I never intended any harm upon you.

TL;DR: I pushed a drunk man to the tracks 30 before the train arrived nearly killing him, in Paris.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

themanfromUNCLE100 t1_j5o4hrq wrote

Well you almost killed a guy and then swooped into save his life. I hope that is taken into consideration if charges are pressed. The guy may be too drunk to comprehend what has happened but I hope the railway authorities are not looking the other way.

Used-Statement-4296 t1_j5qd4px wrote

My honest opinion is if it was in gar du nord train station and you didn't see this guy get tested for alcohol I'd say he was a pick pocket... especially with the timing of the other train coming in.... The Paris subway is pretty notorious for them and almost all of them have an act they play such as a drunk or a business man etc

Used-Statement-4296 t1_j5qdpu7 wrote

We had a guy in our group get everything stolen by what looked like an older business man...he waited until the train was making a curve and acted like he was just leaning with the force of it

Rosaluckas10 OP t1_j5r6r39 wrote

Yeah, some people in Paris also said he could have been a pick pocketer. Still not worth the trouble though.

Dry_Possibility_1389 t1_j5otiyg wrote

Sounds like he was a hazard being that drunk in a public space, especially near a railroad. Sorry this happened to you but well done for saving him and yourself. I think try get some therapy if you can afford it, even if its a session or two. I doubt anything else could come of this.

Even if it did it's clear you did your best to help and that it wasn't intentional. Going to therapy would also work in your favour to show you have been traumatised by the unfortunate incident.

But that shouldn't be the reason you go...

JimmiRustle t1_j5o47sn wrote

Where are you from? Murder is pretty far from what charges you might be facing.

I get that if it was North Korea or Afghanistan you might have been facing some severe punishment, but in civilised countries we actually take the context into consideration.

Rosaluckas10 OP t1_j5o59vp wrote

I’m an immigrant in Germany. The tolerance for tragic situations caused by immigrants has dropped to a very low level. Two years ago there was a similar situation in Frankfurt where a guy intentionally pushed a boy to the tracks and killed him.

Nickington_REAL t1_j5r609a wrote

its paris. that probably happens all the time

AcrobaticSource3 t1_j5p0w7y wrote

I’ve never had something this exciting happen on vacation!

−4