Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chasethemac t1_j6kxt1y wrote

Bitcoin working as intended for over a decade has nothing to do with its "value", I'm sure.

deco19 t1_j6kztef wrote

"working as intended" yeh... I mean it's totally failed as a currency, store of value, etc. Attempts in large scale to adopt it failed. It is technically hindered by a terrible transaction speed.

The goalposts just keep moving with people like you.

Chasethemac t1_j6lg760 wrote

You're just speaking so many opinions you've heard and projecting them onto me while emotionally shitting yourself over here.

Bitcoin, the network, has been running as intended for a decade.

What you don't like is human nature and technological progress. I'm sure in our short time as a civilization, we nailed it. The global monetary system couldn't possibly be improved.

The internet is just a fad.

deco19 t1_j6lo71t wrote

Ah yes verifiable on chain stuff, "working as intended", is an opinion. Lol. Human nature is the inevitability to nullify any supposed pros like decentralisation, lack of manipulation, etc. Technological advancement is what I'm primarily invested in, and blockchain ain't it.

If I told you 40 years ago we could use immutable public databases to solve the same problems you'd call me insane, and rightly so. This is just that with extra steps.

The global monetary system is being constantly iterated on. It's not perfect, but it sure as hell isn't being as manipulated for excessive greed as much as crypto or bitcoin has been. Tether is your life blood, full of scammers and backed by trash. What a sorry state to be in. Even sorrier considering you think your idea here is the answer.

And there we go, the link to the internet. The internet was giving average people value however. Allowing them to send instant messages. Now your average person naively gets into crypto with promises of great riches, loses their hard wallet and recovery key and their life savings in the process. What a great innovation and something we clearly need right now. Lmao. Get help for gambling.

Chasethemac t1_j6mj13s wrote

Working as intended is not an opinion.

You think the crypto space has more scams and influence of greed than traditional finance markets. Get real.

You've got it all figured out. Peak Brain. Congratulations.