Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Malevolent_Mangoes t1_j5yi7q3 wrote

If your brother and dad both smoke then why is he over here overreacting and talking about you getting tested? Seems like bizarre behavior.

MissionCrab6342 t1_j5yk3f0 wrote

Typical adict adult parent, i have an uncle that always drinks at all times possible in front of us (some of my cousins are like 9) and he's always talking about how it ruins your life and we shouldn't ever do it at any means. Then he just chugs beer afterwards.

Ryansahl t1_j60jo3e wrote

Perhaps OP is under age and dad is just concerned about his brain not being formed fully. I’d like to point out that weed is no way as addictive or harmful as alcohol. Not even comparable, but I get your comment about your uncle. Alcoholics are the greatest deniers.

1HATEMYS3LF OP t1_j60sjos wrote

I bet he is just scared I will get addicted lol, and my brother isn’t related to my dad, only my mom, so he really doesn’t give a crap about what he is doing now.

Malevolent_Mangoes t1_j60wdk0 wrote

Weed is not addictive.

1HATEMYS3LF OP t1_j62worc wrote

I found this article that says otherwise.

Malevolent_Mangoes t1_j63kfrv wrote

That’s the habit of smoking it, not the substance itself.

1HATEMYS3LF OP t1_j642y6n wrote

I cant really argue since there will never be an outcome, he just doesn't want me hooked on drugs, or something like that.

Malevolent_Mangoes t1_j64544o wrote

Tell him he’s the bad influence here because he’s the one doing drugs and is the parent. He’s supposed to be a role model.