Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fatevilbuddah t1_j6ekytn wrote

Why? 1000s of people cross the Mexican border every day illegally and get their paperwork in order PDQ after that, especially if it was mostly in order to begin with. He has the paper trail, it's a matter of showing the right CPB agent and they should have no problems. An immigration lawyer would help, but again, paperwork

−2

zubekakkin OP t1_j6fu6xc wrote

They actually end up in legal limbo all the time. They rarely get approved for a green card or citizenship. DACA is the closest thing that has happened to them and that is an awful stressful place to be because they really have no control over their future and they were usually brought here as children,

WhatANiceCerealBox11 t1_j6gphqn wrote

You literally don’t know what you’re talking about lmao. My parents brought my sister and I to north eastern US on a tourist visa. We overstayed and I didn’t even know I was illegal until I turned 16 and was trying to get a license only to find out I didn’t have an SSN. Couldn’t get a license till I was 20 when DACA was passed. As OP said in his comment, my parents are in legal limbo despite submitting their papers over 2 decades ago. I finally became a permanent resident but that didn’t happen till I met the love of my life. DACA was a life saver for kids in my situation but the insecurity of when that’s going to go away was unbelievably stressful. Since you’re clearly very ignorant on the matter, legal immigration is very difficult, convoluted and time consuming as op has said. In my case, parents tried to do it legally but 9/11 happened a few months after we arrived in the US and that made things even worse