Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ancient_Klutz t1_j6abjzs wrote

Honestly what the fuck did I just read

Hilarious

But what the fuck

Emergency-Nail-9921 OP t1_j6abz3l wrote

This is basically exactly what I thought when I got back to my dorm room from the hospital. What the fuck just happened? I mean, it was wild and sort of awesome, but what the fuck

Ancient_Klutz t1_j6ac9uw wrote

Honestly you were lucky that the punishment wasn't more stringent imo a guy at my uni got expelled for setting off fireworks on a street

Emergency-Nail-9921 OP t1_j6acz02 wrote

Yeah definitely, they would've even lowered my suspension to 6 months if I told them who I got the drugs from but I'm no snitch lol. I'm guessing they wanted to leave the door open to me dumping more money into the school, it was a really expensive place and in retrospect they really only cared about making as much money as possible.

freeman5117 t1_j6ainoa wrote

This might be an unpopular opinion, but actually I think it's kind of fucked to even be expelled for 6 months over something like this... I mean, it's not like OP killed or injured anyone, deliberately exposed himself to a minor, etc. A month or two at most for disturbing public order would have done. Regarding fireworks, expulsion is more or less justified actually, because they can start a fire with potentially far more severe consequences.

Emergency-Nail-9921 OP t1_j6amvru wrote

Not sure how the logistics of a 1-2 month suspension would work, you’d be way behind in all classes. I didn’t hurt someone, but I could have definitely hurt myself. I could have run into traffic or jumped off a bridge, I was completely detached from reality

Ancient_Klutz t1_j6ajch8 wrote

If you can be imprisoned for something you have done (public indecency) I think permanent expulsion is pretty justified tbh, plus the meds handcuffed him so they thought he was a danger to at least someone

Emergency-Nail-9921 OP t1_j6an5yv wrote

I could’ve run into traffic or something. I think it was less that I was dangerous and more that they needed to get me in the ambulance and I was totally uncooperative

raz0rflea t1_j6ap58m wrote

That makes sense...acid doesn't make people violent or destructive as a general rule, but it can make you do some dumbass shit because common sense goes bye bye.

Someone froze all our cutlery in a block of ice as a prank once and my housemate had to stop me from putting it in the microwave to thaw it out lol...except he was tripping hard as well so all he could do was say MICROWAVE BAD over and over till I got it. And that was on a couple tabs, 10 would break my brain! You're lucky you got out of it aa well as you did all things considered!

freeman5117 t1_j6alwnk wrote

Could be... Maybe I don't know enough about what acid does to you (never tried it or anything silimar), but as far as I'm aware it's not a drug that turns you violent or destructive in any real way. But yeah I guess it was enough to make the school staff/meds to get worried about others' safety.

As for public indecency, I know that the US has pretty harsh laws regarding public nudity, so perhaps it was their way of punishing him for that without actually evoking the specific charges given that OP was high af during that time.

pocurious t1_j6azh3u wrote

lol what? you think permanent expulsion is an appropriate punishment for public nudity?

Who are you, the ghost of queen victoria?

Ancient_Klutz t1_j6ce2c6 wrote

If you can be imprisoned for something, and there are lots of witnesses, it poses a very significant reputational risk to the school. So yes. I do.

−3

tkeRe1337 t1_j6euv73 wrote

I knew a guy who took way too much acid and came home, took his clothes off, made a sandwich and went to bed.

Here’s the kicker: wasnt his apartment. It was his neighbours. This wouldve been a funny story, but it’s not, because in ”his” bed was a young girl (cant remember age but a child, 8 maybe). He was naked. He was charged on some sexual crime (he didnt do anything to her and ran as soon as he realized his fuck up but they obv knew who he was) and it ruined his life. He killed himself not too long ago…

All im saying is; sometimes shit couldve been worse

freeman5117 t1_j6fazzb wrote

Oof, that's just terrible. But then again, how likely is something like this to happen, given all the factors that would need to coincide for it? Like OP said, it was far more likely that he gets himself killed by believing he can fly or walk through traffic.

tkeRe1337 t1_j6h2hb5 wrote

Oh hell yeah its the badest of luck. Not saying dont do acid, just saying to accept things for what they are because it couldve gone way worse

great_site_not t1_j6b04gi wrote

OP is lucky that they didn't get hurt, too. "Acid" often isn't LSD--it's often other psychedelic drugs like NBOMe's, that have a narrow window between a physiologically safe dose and a dose that can cause cardiac arrest, internal bleeding, gangrene of the limbs, and other nasty things. It's naive to buy acid and trust the dealer that it's LSD and that the dose is 100mcg--even if the dealer truly believes it! They probably bought it from another dealer, after all.