Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

louwyatt t1_j6aw1n5 wrote

"My job is much more difficult." I don't think anyone realizes how hard someone else's job is until they try it. Whether or not someone job is easier than yours, is a wild thing to assume.

If his job earns more money, it's more likely his job is complicated. Complicated job requires a lot more thought and effort

Cenodeath t1_j6c2h5w wrote

Or more dangerous, or more physical, or required more study, or more investment etc.etc.

[deleted] OP t1_j6dacix wrote

Eh, except he works from home at his desk in a comfy chair in his pajamas and only requires a few weeks of studying for new certifications versus my job which requires handling people who want to physically hurt others, has put others in the hospital and requires a masters degree and additional exams and certifications.

So, no, not always true.

mcnathan80 t1_j6d7420 wrote

Yeah my wife used to give me shit for being a therapist. I came home after another day of hearing humans treating each other like animals, had to call CPS on a parent, and found out the reason one of my clients hadn’t been to session was they had been arrested for (alleged) murder.

My wife was all like “how hard is it? You just sit there and listen to people”

Lemme tell you I sat her down and looked straight into her eyeballs and I said looks around for a little bit and checks behind the curtain “Biiiiiiiiitch”

[deleted] OP t1_j6d9yrw wrote

I’m also a therapist.

−1

mcnathan80 t1_j6fn8hb wrote

Dang the struggle is real

It took me awhile but I eventually got a therapist myself and it was life changing

I’m pulling for you guys

[deleted] OP t1_j6da6aj wrote

His job isn’t more complicated at all. Lol. He works from home and I have watched and heard his job. I’m a behavior therapist who deals with multiple clients who literally want to hurt everyone around them. I currently have a coworker in the hospital due to one of my clients breaking her knee. Meanwhile my husband gets to sit at his desk and do his work that he also enjoys. Which is great. However I KNOW that my job is more demanding.