Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Alien__Yes t1_j984s5z wrote

My wife passed and she was working on restoring my classic Mustang.Can they finish her dream?

NibblesMcGiblet t1_j98kpzi wrote

They might be interested about this over on /r/crosstitch/. I assume there's also a knitting sub, which might also like to hear about this.

radi0frequency OP t1_j98ra4g wrote

Looks like a private community - Please feel free to share if you’re part of it :) I’ll check out knitting and crochet too. I think this is such a kind idea and I love that it exists!

idasu t1_j9gf3xr wrote

they made a little mistake- it's r/CrossStitch (3 S's)

sadmanwithabox t1_j9ad1ur wrote

There absolutely is an /r/knitting!

And they're wonderful people over there. Truly one of the nicest, friendliest communities I've found on reddit.

Coyoteclaw11 t1_j993t5c wrote

I'm not sure if I'm mixing up my subs, but I believe this project was already posted there a couple days ago.

costabius t1_j98uprh wrote

Do they consider running out of attention span a disability. If so, I need them.

neon2012 t1_j9aj0rd wrote

My loved one was inventing an ageless humanoid when he died of a heart attack. I wonder if these guys could help. Poor guy was mostly finished except for the hands, just needs some molds over his scissor blades.

mamasnowbear2022 t1_j9awxdr wrote

I find this very interesting maybe post in r/disability. I'm sure lot of people would like to know.

radi0frequency OP t1_j9cvddg wrote

Done :) Thank you for the suggestion! I think this is the coolest idea ever and I hope a lot of people get the chance to either work with or support them!

bruzie t1_j9cnkey wrote

My mum had been working on a crochet square blanket when she had passed. Had a bag full of those squares. My sister-in-law is a knitter and said that she would see if someone wanted them.

What she didn't tell me was that she was going to finish it and give it back to me for Christmas. Even now I'm tearing up as I type this.

[deleted] t1_j99tsjb wrote

I much prefer the unfinished version. That you can look into and see exactly where their mind was see exactly where they where up to . Gaze into unrealized hopes and dreams of mere mortals

−2