Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Landlubber77 t1_j9y2f03 wrote

The majority of Redditors are Americans, where we're allowed to see extreme violence as long as there's not a stray female nipple or something. We'd be more likely to expect a more adult rating for this movie because of the scene where the wife gets dragged all over her ceiling and you see her panties, then when the older daughter runs out in the front yard and you see hers. The puritans can't help but lose their minds over that ^^^after ^^^pausing ^^^and ^^^masturbating ^^^to ^^^it.

vemenium t1_j9zdpfs wrote

Bare breasts in Airplane: PG. You’ve always been able to have some nudity without an R rating. Of the sex and nudity in Titanic, the sex steaming up the car is way more pushing the envelope than nudity not involved in sex.

res30stupid t1_j9zwj5x wrote

Funny little detail, but the lead actress in Final Destination 2 was completely fine with being in such a violent, fucked-up horror film because as a Mormon, she was only upset if they were to ask her to swear.

heylookatme t1_j9ymbnr wrote

I'm descended from Puritans on both sides of my family tree. Can confirm that I masturbate to everything.