Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Stevenntrann t1_jdoyb1d wrote

Yeah I guess, but if you practiced safe sex or protection you wouldnt have birth defects to worry about. So it’s a if-that-then-this kinda of statement. Also I don’t know too much about anatomy but in the womb, if theres a physical connection, in this case, cellular connection, the body would treat it as such. This is not your argument if you believe that its a foreign material. Foreign materials for the most part would get rejected from the body, create abscess and pus to isolate the material and slowly eject it by whatever means.

−6

Mama_Mush t1_jdpzeh2 wrote

Yes, there would be a risk of defects in wanted pregnancies, in contraceptive failures or sexual assault. As for anatomy during pregnancy, the mothers body DOES see the fetal placenta as foreign, which is why the immune system is suppressed by various mechanisms during pregnancy, so thar her body doesn't attack the fetus. My background is biochemistry and embryology so I DO know a lot about anatomy and maternal vs fetal behavior. The most practical and kind approach would be for anti choice people to not interfere in things they know nothing about. Let the doctor and the woman make decisions about her life and body.

darw1nf1sh OP t1_jdp5mol wrote

This isn't about any of that. This is just a, hey this is interesting. Only you thought of abortion. And btw, yes, an ectopic pregnancy is reason for abortion. And yes it happens to married, straight couples that want kids. But in the event the worst happens, and the woman's life is threatened, it should be on the table.

Stevenntrann t1_jdpa5lv wrote

Im sure im not the only one who thought about abortion. It might be an unpopular opinion in reddit. To be frank, I’m for abortion in dire circumstances like rape. I also think life is sacred and if the baby can be birthed, it should.