Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

template009 t1_jd8megj wrote

And then Brando sent a Mexican women to refuse the award on behalf of Native people.

−6

Indymizzum t1_jd8zl8s wrote

She was American. She claimed to be of Native American descent, but her sisters refuted that after her death.

gortexcondom t1_jd9oblb wrote

You do realize people from Mexico can be indigenous too? It’s Native American, not native United States. America is more than one continent and it’s not like the indigenous people even used our same borders anyways…

template009 t1_jd9wbmd wrote

Holy shit! You mean the Aztecs were real!?

She claimed her name is Sacheen Littlefeather, that she is Apache and Yaqui. Her real name is Cruz and she has not a drop of Native blood.

This would have been so easy for you to look up, it is astonishing that you decided, instead, to point out the laughably obvious.

gortexcondom t1_jd9xcoi wrote

lmao that made me laugh. I’m aware she faked being indigenous, I didn’t need to look it up. I just didn’t like the way you worded it, why mention she was Mexican? Being Mexican and native isn’t mutually exclusive… that’s all I was saying. Kinda off putting when people like you focus so much on race

template009 t1_jd9zgjr wrote

I focus on race?

This is a gem!

Moron

gortexcondom t1_jd9zrxw wrote

Do you wonder why many other people downvoted your initial comment? Albeit true, you added nothing of substance to the conversation. I hope you realize that, it was weird of you to make this post about race.

Says a lot about you, that you’re upset over Marlon Brando protesting for Native American rights...

template009 t1_jdahiaj wrote

No

I hear a fly buzzing with indignation ...

Bzzz bzzz