Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wickethewok t1_jeadr9o wrote

Given how packed and sometimes sold out the two US parks are, I think there is demand for a third. Maybe in the middle of the country in like Texas or something. But Disney could very well be years deep into such a project and almost no one would know.

temporarysecretary17 t1_jeauhxy wrote

With the way the parks are, might as well build an identical replica right next to each other.

jackmon t1_jebeigq wrote

I've been (only somewhat jokingly) saying this for years. The last few times I went to Disney, I felt like a damned sardine. It wasn't fun. They need to build identical parks adjacent to each other. If your ticket number is odd you go to WDW1. If it's even you go to WDW2. Of course, Disney is making insane profits without having to do this, so there's not real impetus for it unless people stop going due to said sardine-ity killing the fun.

bradorsomething t1_jebhkwo wrote

I’ve hit that point with the Lightning Pass system. It’s very pay to win, so the park is going to devolve into nouveau riche strutting around as working families sweat in line. I’m done with the mouse, unfortunately.

smallz86 t1_jeev4sj wrote

Were you going in peak times?

I went this past 1st of February and it was amazing. Even without fast passes and lightening lanes were never waited more than 30 minutes for a ride.

We stayed at Magic Kingdom until close one night and it was awesome because besides Main Street there weren't that many people in the park.

jackmon t1_jef245w wrote

Last time we went on some random Thursday in mid Feb I think. I grew up close enough to go fairly often back in the 80s and there were crowds. But nothing like it is now. It was literally triggering claustrophobia at times for me. And I don't even mean waiting in lines. That was expectedly horrible. I mean just trying to walk around the park. Like, there was barely any free pedestrian space.

smallz86 t1_jeghatm wrote

My parents went in Feb of 22 and they said something similar.

But when we were there in Feb of 23 they said it was drastically less crowded. So maybe last year was like COVID hangover vacations?

jackmon t1_jegka41 wrote

Maybe. My last trip was back well before covid. Probably around 2015 maybe.

HobbitFoot t1_jeah2hl wrote

Disney probably got burnt out on its expansion program, including trying and failing to build a theme park in Virginia.

DavoTB t1_jeaphjp wrote

Poor choice of location near the Civil War battlefield, but otherwise, not a bad thought…would’ve been popular otherwise.

Minion_Soldier t1_jebn672 wrote

If we can't build things anywhere in Virginia that could be considered a "historic site", then basically the entire state should be off limits for new construction. And considering the planned Disney site is now subdivisions and data centers, I have doubts the site really had much historic value.

cheekytikiroom t1_jec59tg wrote

Not Texas. Montreal - Disney Canada.

TheQXZ98 t1_jecdxgu wrote

Well both Universal and Legoland have announced they're building new theme parks in the Dallas, Texas area, I think the writing is on the wall

Aeokikit t1_jecj2j4 wrote

I don’t know man. Contractors can’t keep secrets for shit these days

gk99 t1_jedsfzv wrote

> Maybe in the middle of the country in like Texas or something

Please no, let's get a park somewhere cooler this time around. All the theme parks are in some hot, sweaty location.

PublicSeverance t1_jeea0h2 wrote

Not many destination holiday locations with abundant sunshine, Interstate access and cheap land to be found in moderate climates.

lsjunior t1_jed5arx wrote

And to think the property in Orlando is actually 4 theme parks and 2 water parks. They still have enough land to triple what they've already built.

Solidsnakeerection t1_jef3qn2 wrote

Disney tried to open one in.Virginia and got significant amounts of pushback so they stopped