Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Digitaldeus1 t1_ixvvgmg wrote

Wow, straight to a thinly veiled attempt to call me a Nazi. Freaking Godwin's law.

Nazis are bad, I absolutely despise anti-Semitism and specifically any Nazi ideology should be considered abhorrent. I have not once said anything pro-Nazi just explained their regime is not the only one that did horrible shit and your rating scale is irrational.

But to call the Holocaust a unique evil means you have zero grasp of history a bunch of western centric biases. Genocide is one of the favorite tools of totalitarian regimes and all are abhorrent. Honestly, by focusing only on the Holocaust you are the one who is letting the Nazis off the hook. The Holocaust resulted in 7 million Jewish casualties, the Nazis also killed 3.5 million Soviets, 3 million Poles, 500K Romani, and a bunch of other undesirables.

haribobosses t1_ixvyy9h wrote

Where did all of this disagreement begin? With me saying the Holocaust sets the Nazis apart from the Japanese in terms of the atrocities they inflicted.

What are you arguing here? All wars are created equal? All genocides are interchangeable? Auschwitz is just like Nanking?

−2