Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

-domi- t1_iwg69zk wrote

What does "were salted" mean?

danbradster2 t1_iwg8adi wrote

Added gold to the samples, to make it look like a high potential deposit. Faking the results, because they know its no good.

danbradster2 t1_iwg8g7e wrote

From my vague memory, they may have had the samples in bags of ground dirt - extra gold thrown in.

A regular technique might have solid core, photos taken, then grind only half the core - the rest retained as evidence.

owlbear4lyfe t1_iwgbxvy wrote

could have been easily verified through independent lab. as a result all canadian mining companies need to go through third party for Ni 43-101 sample to verify claims.

Alaric4 t1_iwghod0 wrote

I work in the industry, but in another country. The first time I saw an NI 43-101 report, I was stunned at how much detail companies were required to provide regarding the preparation of the samples. It all made sense when I realized that the reporting standard was a response to Bre-X.

Teddy_canuck t1_iwhw5ea wrote

And it's the reason you can't get your samples officially assayed on site anymore and have to have it done by a third party.

Regulai t1_iwgys68 wrote

A guy shaved off gold from jewelry (probably his wedding ring) and added the flakes to the sample. A viable Gold mine requires a fairly tiny amount of gold per square foot of earth so even a tiny tiny sprinkling of extra gold will make the sample go from worthless to well "goldmine!".

HPmoni t1_iwhcu6k wrote

You can put gold in a rock sample and people will think you found a gold reserve.

GerryC t1_iwgx87z wrote

They loaded shotgun shells with real gold and fired them into the vein. When the samples are taken, there is now far more gold present in the verified sample.

−7