Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mitthrawnuruo t1_ixbfwbs wrote

Honestly, some things should just be left to go. Things come and go, and always have.

Should we bring back dinosaurs? Absolutely. But if mosquitoes go, we should hasten them on their journey.

fostertheatom t1_ixbtlhs wrote

Any why exactly should we bring back the giant murder lizards? Keep em dead. Kill any that come back.

typos_are_coming t1_ixbzkh0 wrote

What? No, no, we could put them in a zoo where people can learn about them. Think about it, we could give safari and lab tours, and I can finally get to spend some quality time with my kids. It will be great. Everything is just great.

Jaggedmallard26 t1_ixc8ma4 wrote

We can call it "BILLY AND THE CLONOSAURUS"

Historical-Unit-6643 t1_ixchjnq wrote

No that's not it. How about we bring back a bunch of extinct dangerous animals and stick them all on an island where rich tourists can go. I don't see anything going wrong with that ifea

sakura608 t1_ixcl322 wrote

Got to be safe. Send in two paleontologists, a lawyer, and a phd in chaos theory to check things out. And… maybe the grandchildren while you’re at it

GenerallyAwfulHuman t1_ixclzs7 wrote

That sounds expensive. Can we pull in the budget for that from the IT department?

sakura608 t1_ixcxh2n wrote

We can run everything on Linux so we can save on licensing costs. Have all the software written by one senior engineer and severely underpay him, but give him unlimited access to the facilities, even the cryo chambers.

Wolfy5079 t1_ixdd0hx wrote

don't forget to admonish senior engineer for his own financial decisions when he asks for a pay rise.

Suojelusperkele t1_ixcit21 wrote

It depends.

Do they pay huge sums of money to get there, or do we get to vote who goes?

doubled2319888 t1_ixcla5z wrote

Can we vote on who goes and still charge them an arm and a leg?

tl01magic t1_ixck4s4 wrote

lol omg the "wealthy eccentrics" who like having "exotic animals" would lose their minds

elpajaroquemamais t1_ixcsxau wrote

Someone would steal the tech and quickly brand it and slap it on a lunchbox.

just_a_user49 t1_ixbw5il wrote

To realize we were completely wrong and they were actually giant dumb chickens.

Mitthrawnuruo t1_ixc0774 wrote

You obviously don’t realize that chickens are just murder birds.

CG1991 t1_ixc9teo wrote

Chickens are pieces of shit that will turn on one another at even the sign of a sniffle

lordoin t1_ixc3q3s wrote

they’re murder lizards only because you’re uncharismatic. I could easily befriend them and use them to smite my enemies.

leojava t1_ixdnd20 wrote

So they would still be murder lizards?

Bman10119 t1_ixbyhxi wrote

Because I want to know how grilled murder lizard tastes.

Hazi-Tazi t1_ixcdx3c wrote

probably a lot like chicken... or gator.

Nydelok t1_ixcafne wrote

I mean… we could bring back some Herbivores.

AbyssSun777 t1_ixcktyl wrote

did you just say absolutely to bringing back dinosaurs and 80 fucking people agreed with you?

srentiln t1_ixdic9l wrote

To be fair, the modern conditions of the earth would not allow dinosaurs to maintain normal activities outside special environmentally controlled enclosures.

imhereforthevotes t1_ixdp010 wrote

You don't know that...

srentiln t1_ixe7rog wrote

We know that the oxygen concentration in the modern day is not the same as it was in the times of the dinosaurs by a significant enough amount that their respiratory systems couldn't handle it.

imhereforthevotes t1_ixece8c wrote

holy shit I didn't realize this, at least for the late Cretaceous. Maybe we need to go farther back. Imagine all the really tired dinosaurs we'd have to deal with if we brought back the most recent ones.

SignificantCall9210 t1_ixc3m1v wrote

Jeff Golblum would say the samething, San Diego already got wrecked back in ‘97

shaving99 t1_ixcyrms wrote

I'd love if we brought back some dinosaurs

CannaPanda69 t1_ixd0t4i wrote

I hate to be that guy, but mosquitos are way more important of a resource on the food chain than most people give them credit for.

Baraga91 t1_ixdtzps wrote

Source this, please.

I want to believe you, but I also want to burn every mosquito to a crisp with a magnifying glass.

Datboij7_ t1_ixd8l1r wrote

You clearly haven't seen Jurassic Park...

Mitthrawnuruo t1_ixdbqnv wrote

I’ve seen and read it; and don’t believe it should be done on a small isolated South American island.

I would propose allowing it in Texas.