Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1rnsbf wrote

Murse_1 t1_j1ro4qk wrote

Yep, I was a paramedic and worked at San Quentin for a short time. Pruno has a distinctive odor.

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1rohps wrote

I've seen all sorts of colors depending on what is used. Yesterday for Christmas someone brought out a few liters that looked similar to coca cola. I'm currently in prison in mexico awaiting trial for having too much marijuana..

Murse_1 t1_j1rolyw wrote

Aw dude... Stay safe.

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1roqno wrote

Thanks dude. We had a full scale riot last month. That was pretty crazy, but for the most part everything is fairly safe here.

Murse_1 t1_j1rouao wrote

I'm glad to hear that. I hope you get home soon.

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1roxn8 wrote

Thanks, next court date looks like early February.

Murse_1 t1_j1rp3d3 wrote

Do you think they're gonna send you home or keep you awhile?

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1rpdox wrote

Most likely have to wait for trial, which will be a few months after the next court date. From there I hope to win my case and go home. I was a passenger in a car that the driver hid marijuana in. We were stopped and searched at the boarder. If I do not win, I'm looking at 2.5-3 years. I've already been here 16.5 months

Murse_1 t1_j1rqlk2 wrote

Arg.! That sucks! So reading between the lines it seems like you feel safe there ?

Accomplished_Dot4409 t1_j1rrecp wrote

For the most part. I stay out of people's business and don't have debts so that helps. I've been in a couple fights over little things, but there are rules to how long a fight can last and such. The only time I felt there was no safety was during the riot. The place I'm at is considered one of the most dangerous prisons in the world according to the internet. But as long as you don't mess with the wrong people or do the wrong things, you'll be fine.