Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zeiandren t1_j5ydwng wrote

Eh, this might be true on a crt tv where you’d see flickering or rolling, but modern tvs are always on with no blanking and just show the same image it was showing during refresh

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j5yeiwn wrote

Yep.

10-20 years ago dogs started being able to watch TV.

Mine's super into it and even video games.

RogerRabbit1234 t1_j5z0hij wrote

My dog will chase other dogs that run out of the frame. We have a TV on a wall in the basement, that the other side has stairs on it up to the main level, and this dog will watch TV, and when a dog looks like it runs off the screen to the right will go tearing off, to run up the stairs to search for these vile intruders.

Robbotlove t1_j5ymevg wrote

> and even video games.

how are the games played without thumbs?

WesternOne9990 t1_j62462t wrote

The same way I did when my ps2 controller broke, the dance dance revolution mat or rock band drum set.

zeroborders t1_j5z9x4s wrote

My mom got a channel called Dog TV so her Pomeranian wouldn’t be lonely while she was at work. He loves it so much that if someone changes the channel to watch their own shows, he starts barking at them to change it back.

FrameComprehensive88 t1_j5z3v3v wrote

My dog loves TV as well. She is always interested if there is a dog on TV.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j5z483s wrote

If mine sees one that looks like him tho, it freaks him the fuck out.

I dunno if he expects it to be a reflection or what. But he'll go ape shit.

Implausibilibuddy t1_j5z3q6o wrote

It's meaningless anyway, CFF does not translate directly to a human (or animal) refresh rate or FPS. Plus we humans (CFF 50-90Hz) have enjoyed cinema at 24 FPS for over a century now, and some stop motion animation is 12 and we can still get engrossed in it.

Conflixx t1_j5zft0w wrote

Why is this entire post even showing up on my front page? It's clearly not true if someone thinks 5 seconds about this, the fuck?

Nascar_is_better t1_j61wc3t wrote

>Why is this entire post even showing up on my front page?

do you know how the internet works?

aowbsx t1_j5zdtz0 wrote

For real, my dog gets sucked in sometimes, like he’s glued to that thing