Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Landlubber77 t1_j6k17yx wrote

If this desert is Moroccan don’t bother knockin.

porcupineporridge t1_j6jzvze wrote

Interesting. I did not know this. I don’t get why Morocco is so keen to hold on to Western Sahara.

RobinsShaman t1_j6k5qnv wrote

It's currently disputed and it has mineral resources (phosphates).

porcupineporridge t1_j6lzxzf wrote

Oh it has natural resources - say no more!

kelldricked t1_j6mfgdo wrote

Also there is the fact that there are loads of armed fanatics in that area of the world who could suddenly decide to raid or destroy shit. You dont want to be featured in the toyota war 2: elektric boogy

Imyourlandlord t1_j6khua2 wrote

Idk....why is your country so keen on its territorial integrity??? Lmao just split it in half why not..m

sjiveru t1_j6ku6ta wrote

Territorial integrity is overrated. Better to do what's best for the local inhabitants of any given place.

−10

Imyourlandlord t1_j6kw2bh wrote

Tra...the inhabitants of said country...not some made up enetity that has no basis or integrity nor population

sjiveru t1_j6kwrn6 wrote

No, the inhabitants of the specific location in question. Not a bunch of people far away, even if they're within the same human-drawn box. You want to know what country a town should be in? Ask the people that live in that town.

−5

Imyourlandlord t1_j6l3u19 wrote

My guy...im going to give you the benefit of th doubt incase you didnt know the "people" of that region are my people and im theirs, they live like everyone else.

The issue stems from an entirely different group literally being hosted and armed by a neighbour that claims that they "own" half of the country while they cant even prove their origins nor can they muster more than a dozen people to make propaganda videos

BabyTRexArms t1_j6ksgg7 wrote

Resources my guy. It’s literally always resources.

Muscleflechisseur t1_j6mqt3j wrote

The amount of money they spend on military and military equipment+ all other expenses and subsidies to the territory far exceedes the money the could gain from raw resources in that area.

−1

fish4096 t1_j6n1k74 wrote

...today.

but you give up land forever. just look at how jelous everybody is of Norway, l because they were given some seemingly worthless ocean for next to nothing.

Besides, giving up territory to invaders just because "too pricey to defend" sets really bad precedent.

carbonunit357 t1_j6n8rwv wrote

Just look at the Romans.

fish4096 t1_j6n9uai wrote

With few exceptions, Romans are great example how they don't back down if the insurrection is too pricey to be financially worth it.

Sdog1981 t1_j6lrjj0 wrote

Depending on definition of a wall vs berm.

JimBean t1_j6lj8gd wrote

Get your filthy hands off my desert....

SaintBrutus t1_j6koujc wrote

And all of their problems have been solved. Everyone there lives in peace and happiness. Right?
…right?

−3

erh19 t1_j6ld9kt wrote

−3