Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bizarre_pencil t1_j71rk3p wrote

It’s crazy how xenophobic this sub can be. Vermont desperately needs people to move here and contribute to the economy.

Corey307 t1_j723jef wrote

I understand why the locals don’t like a lot of transplants because those transplants try to turn this state into where they came from without caring about the needs of the locals. I’m friendly with my neighbors and most of them have been excessively kind to the point. I’ve come home super late from work more than a few times to find my driveway plowed by a random neighbor just being kind because they noticed I got stuck at work and wouldn’t be home until midnight. I bought a house in the country expecting that my neighbors would target shoot, hunt, keep animals, make a little noise at odd hours because they got to go to work and that’s fine by me. Then you’ve got transplants that treat the state like a theme park and expect to be worshiped for bringing their remote job here, I get why they wouldn’t be popular.

bizarre_pencil t1_j72hj3k wrote

I understand it to a point, but that’s also only one side of the equation. Even the mythical “rich out of stater working remote moving here” is still bringing their dollars here to spend at our businesses.

−1