Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

redfreedomusofa t1_j7lzskm wrote

Do something about people's private property? No thanks. It's their property they don't need someone else telling them what they can do with it.

−19

Curious_Leader_2093 t1_j7m14od wrote

Sounds like they are impacting the use of OP's FULLY OCCUPIED residential property.

People visiting a few times a year do not make a town, the locals do. If it were not for the locals, there would be no town, no amenities, no reason or way for people to own vacation homes.

Locals make an area the way it is. Wealthy folks from outside want to buy a piece of it. They tend to bring the shitty culture they were trying to get away from. If they buy too much, they displace the locals, changing the area and disintegrating what made it charming in the first place.

I'm sorry but I do not see 2nd home owners as having equal rights to people to live in an area full time.

edit: I had more to say...

Commercial_Case_7475 OP t1_j7m4ogt wrote

Lol you just described zoning my guy

redfreedomusofa t1_j7mvskp wrote

STR is not a zoning issue. I am actively looking for an STR on either Stowe or Woodstock. God bless America.

−9

Commercial_Case_7475 OP t1_j7n28gm wrote

I hope you enjoy that check at the expense of yet another homeless family in Vermont. Your greed is not welcome here

redfreedomusofa t1_j7n2ma0 wrote

They can move to another property. It's not that hard. People can own as much property as they want. This is America. Not China.

−8

Amyarchy t1_j7p73od wrote

You wouldn't like it here. Try Texas.

hideous-boy t1_j7m2sej wrote

why are you bouncing around to subreddits around the country shilling for AirBnB and Blackrock? Touch some fucking grass

ARaoulVermonter t1_j7m2q7d wrote

Where do you live? You post in so many local subreddits it's hard to tell

Smeedge_Kilgannon t1_j7m744z wrote

Wouldn't you only know that if you were in the same assortment of subreddits?

ARaoulVermonter t1_j7mdtv9 wrote

I'm not, though. I only know it because I looked at their user history.

bobsizzle t1_j7ojy81 wrote

If they are creating a nuisance, no. Loud concerts might be a nuisance.