Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

1DollarOr1Million t1_j7m9cp1 wrote

As someone who’s generally pro-capitalism, I would be 100% ok with making STR’s in Vermont banned on a state level. Yes I’m talking outright banning AirBnB from the state. I don’t mind someone renting out a home for a reasonable amount, making a little profit, and providing a home to someone that doesn’t want to buy. Just don’t be a slumlord and don’t fuck over the states housing crisis by blocking out locals that need a home.

OP, if you can do something to gain traction in this direction, let me know and I will support in whatever way I can. Whether that’s voting a certain way, signing a petition, or whatever.

Twombls t1_j7marao wrote

Dont even have to outright ban them. Look at what burlington did.

They allow airbnbs to exist as the app "advertises". You can rent a room out in your primary residence. You just can't rent out whole units.

1DollarOr1Million t1_j7mrut3 wrote

That is better than nothing, but still, there are loophole ways of getting around that. Which is why I think we need to kill it at the source and just say fuck AirBnB and any other like competitors.

you_give_me_coupon t1_j7mxscb wrote

The way to get there is to go for a total ban, or something even more extreme, and then "settle" for less.