Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

No-Ganache7168 t1_j7mxwh4 wrote

In order to have concerts he probably needs a permit. You could go to your zoning officer to see if this would even be allowed. You could also look into your town noise ordinance and complain if he violates it.

It really sucks that he has 10 acres and is putting the house practically in your front yard. I'm sure it's as far from his home as possible. Does our town have a setback ordinance that could protect you?

If he lists it on Airbnb he won't be allowed to have the tiny house guests throw parties. My friend lives across the road from an Airbnb and when the owners allowed guests to throw a huge pre-wedding party she complained by calling a hotline and the listing was temporarily removed.

hotpieismyking t1_j7p5vrd wrote

Most of Vermont is zoned rural residential... especially 10 acre lots... Which typically means you can do basically anything you want, including host private concerts.

No-Ganache7168 t1_j7rfs8d wrote

In our town you would still need an event permit (I think it’s required for events over 100 people). My neighbor had to pay for one when she had a wedding reception on her property even though the other neighbors didn’t care.