Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Willie_the_Wombat t1_j9s48fg wrote

I would imagine that depends on the terms of your lease. Does your lease specify that you have occupancy of the entire property, including outdoor spaces? You might make a case if you have responsibilities for upkeep of the properties exterior (lawn care, snow removal, etc…), that signage is under that jurisdiction, but that’s probably still a pretty big stretch. At the end of the day, the owner of the property is going to have the ultimate jurisdiction over what is or isn’t permissible. My advice, and keep in mind this is not legal advice, I’m not a legal practitioner, is to not start a fight with the properties owner. My understanding is that at the conclusion of your current lease, the owner can decline to renew/discontinue/ terminate (not sure of the actual legal term) your lease “without cause”, meaning they would not need any reason other than “I don’t want to” to not renew your lease.

ArkeryStarkery t1_j9u4o6c wrote

Hilariously enough, this is exactly what the eviction control measure is meant to remedy! The landlord is literally putting up a sign to say, "I want to always be able to evict my tenants if they start a fight with me", and daring the tenants to start shit.

−4

Willie_the_Wombat t1_j9y8jlm wrote

Remedy? For what?

You don’t own something if you don’t control authority over it, that’s the definition of ownership.

ArkeryStarkery t1_ja3vmoz wrote

For this:

> My understanding is that at the conclusion of your current lease, the owner can decline to renew/discontinue/ terminate (not sure of the actual legal term) your lease “without cause”, meaning they would not need any reason other than “I don’t want to” to not renew your lease.