Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Real-Pierre-Delecto2 t1_j83qa6c wrote

Reply to comment by HereForRNG in Tesla Powerwall by Horrible_eggplant

Willing to share what the repairs were about? As a Powerwall owner I am kinda curious. Mine has been perfect although they did remotely up the frequency a bit. I had a motor starting issue but that took care of it. Large pellet boiler auger motor 240v.

Most-Analysis-4632 t1_j84id94 wrote

I’d like to know more too. We went with Suncommon, partly because they wouldn’t install a single powerwall due to an issue that sounds like that. Real-Pierre, do you have a single?

Real-Pierre-Delecto2 t1_j8635c1 wrote

Yup just the single. They got a bit pissy I didn't want the double although the single was the original plan they tried last min to make me have two. Probably should have went for it it was only 15 a month per unit way back then. Does a great job and I have a large diesel genny if that goes dead.

HereForRNG t1_j8hnsim wrote

As far as I understand it, one time involved a firmware update that had to be forced from the house (and that they didn’t feel comfortable walking me through) and the second time involved replacing the switch that detects loss of power from the utility and automatically switches the house to the batteries. They did work both inside and outside near the meter for that one.

Real-Pierre-Delecto2 t1_j8rh97m wrote

Gotcha ya that switch is called the gateway or more like the brain really and NOT cheap!. It has a cellular connection as well as wifi and ethernet. As it's leased some options are N/A but you can log into it pretty easy just type it's ip and enter your tesla password and you can see real time usage and as it stays on the LAN you can still use it that way if your internet is out unlike the app.

https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/powerwall/own/connecting-network