Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FearandLoathinginBTV t1_j8rf32n wrote

Maybe the VTGOP would do this…if they had any seats in the General Assembly lol. C’mon, basic math should’ve informed you that this can’t happen in VT due to our legislatures make up.

Sucks that this is happening elsewhere, but no need to be an alarmist here.

WhatTheCluck802 t1_j8rie6a wrote

And a goodly number of the existing Vermont Republicans are very decent humans. Yes there are a handful of jerk whackadoodle righties but they absolutely are the minority.

Rama needs to chill.

BillBikesInCleveland t1_j8rqx5a wrote

I haven't voted for a Republican since I voted for Voinovich for the Senate about 20 years ago in Ohio and I, too, think Rama needs to quit with this shit.

TheTowerBard t1_j8s1kpd wrote

Some would argue that anyone who is still a member of the Republican Party at this point is obviously fully embracing the ignorant hate and fascist politics that has become the Republican brand. You are the company you keep, after all. You don’t get to kick your feet up and claim to not be a part of something that you fully support with your vote.

This is also the biggest issue our society is dealing with. Tolerating far too much intolerance. You don’t have to take my word for it, folks like MLK and many others have been trying to get everyone to understand this for generations. Brush up on his thoughts about moderates in his letter from Birmingham jail.

ceiffhikare t1_j8z038b wrote

>And a goodly number of the existing Vermont Republicans are very decent humans

Well other than standing by the party of hatred. They are the crowds that cheer when the 'Radical' throws the nonconformist off the roof.

Most in this thread are the ones who walk by without a look cause it aint thier problem.