Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

stockuponlife t1_jdezs4m wrote

If you steal enough money then you can buy your freedom. God bless America

kn4v3VT t1_jdf5llx wrote

Good to know if your rich and white, you can pay to not have actual life changing consequences for breaking the law and causing harm to others.

I bet he’ll sleep well tonight with a fat bank account in one of his mansions. No food stamps for him. No struggle to find a new job to put food on the table. No worrying about how he is going to get his life together again. Must be nice

stacey1771 t1_jdfgp0r wrote

He deserves to live in the hole in Newport.

LenVT t1_jdfuk6e wrote

You beat me to it.

stacey1771 t1_jdg2a7t wrote

yeah, i had lots of memories in that whole block, my grandmother used to work at one of the businesses, restaurants that were there, bad taste in my mouth from both this jerk and the other one....

MarkVII88 t1_jdf72vp wrote

Bill Stenger can kiss the darkest, most foul part of my ass. He should be in jail for the rest of his life, and should have to forfeit all his own wealth and property as reparations for the crimes he and Quiros both committed.

BudsKind802 t1_jdedxb5 wrote

It's too bad he wasn't lost in a hole somewhere in the woods. At least as a convinced felon it won't be nearly as easy for Stenger to run any more confidence scams, but the damage he did to Vermont's economy is still happening.

rockpharmer t1_jdeizf5 wrote

I think you’re confusing him with Quiros

−1

casewood123 t1_jdezxbn wrote

They were in on the scam together. Both deserve the max.

LenVT t1_jdfvfzw wrote

This bum still doesn’t think he did anything wrong. I remember him testifying that he signed all the papers that Quiros sent him because he trusted Quiros. Doesn’t sound much like a smart business man, does he? Prosecutors said he was the front man for the scheme. Since he feels innocent, I guess he’s like a bank robber who thinks he’s innocent because he only drove the getaway car.

Left-Link5070 t1_jdgbij0 wrote

Usually the get away driver gets a cut. This guy didn’t afaik. Was it ever proven he actually knew it was a scam?

−4

LenVT t1_jdin31l wrote

I wonder if Stegner has the balls to walk down Main Street in Newport in the daytime.

Lanky-Kale-9462 t1_jdfhqga wrote

To say that the Administration is to blame because there was no oversight over his criminal behavior is nuts. I believe he actually had the nerve to say that his poor victims were unknowing left to suffer his criminal behavior because the Administration.

thisoneisnotasbad t1_jdh0jry wrote

It was more than that. Schumlin knew to an extent what he was doing. He was happy to turn a blind eye to the shit because it didn’t involve us citizens and he was getting a bunch of perks.

Necessary_Cat_4801 t1_jdiuwew wrote

Is anyone surprised? He's an old, rich, white guy. Everyone knows the rules are different for them.

Lol. Down vote because America doesn't have a separate justice system for rich white people. There are a lot of copium addicts on this sub.

−1