Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

zombienutz1 t1_jbefm6n wrote

Probably try contacting them directly. Reddit doesn't always have factual info.

Beefyaki9111111 OP t1_jbegzvi wrote

Looking for comparative to the area and opinions. Like if you were a nurse in the area would you work here? The union question is tough because I googled it and couldn’t find anything. My husband insists it is. Finally my post was only allowed to be 300 characters so I was cut off 😅

West_Garden t1_jbhdytz wrote

If you’re a nurse in the area, this is the only option you have unless you want to travel quite a distance.

Careful_Bridge4393 t1_jbex1td wrote

I used to live in St. Johnsbury and I loved it. The NEK is beautiful. Littleton is also an awesome place which is very close by. Depends what you’re looking for though as boston is entirely different

Beefyaki9111111 OP t1_jbisqjn wrote

We will be living inbetween the two! I know Littleton also has a hospital. I’m already working on my NH rn license thinking I will also get Vermont’s.

cpujockey t1_jbpo2fg wrote

> St. Johnsbury

dude - that place is fucked. Jobs suck out there, lots of opiate addiction, and tons of maga fucks!

Real-Pierre-Delecto2 t1_jbexsod wrote

My daughter was born there. Can't speak to being an employee but in general it's a shitty hosp. The refused to believe my daughter stopped breathing multiple times and even yelled at me about it. Even told newborns turn blue sometimes it's normal! Well she did it while one of the nurses was checking her hearing and off to Dartmouth she went. Incompetents. Plenty other horror stories over the years from others as well.

Dodie85 t1_jberjxa wrote

I don’t know anything about working at NVRH, but St. Johnsbury is a great place to live! We’re about 10 minutes outside of town and the downtown has had multiple great new businesses opening every year.

General_Skin_2125 t1_jbhq1ba wrote

NEVRH is dog doo doo and a union hospital, last I heard.

Work for UVMMC, much better, but nothing compares to working in Boston. Which Boston Hospital are you coming from?

Beefyaki9111111 OP t1_jbit26i wrote

BMC! I think Burlington will be too far for me to drive tbh. Looking to get away from a long commute.I’m also looking into Littleton hospital. With the population growth in the area I feel like they will need to expand one of the hospitals at one point? Either way I think I would fine throwing band- aids on and getting them ready for medlight.

General_Skin_2125 t1_jbkyuaw wrote

Having worked in both areas, it's gonna be a bit of a culture shock. But you make of it, what you can. Whoever gets you is lucky.

tdoottdoot t1_jbm9zoo wrote

I’m not personally familiar with the hospital(s) in the NEK but I went to college up there and always heard bad things about getting medical care there. my friend almost died of appendicitis and received poor care in the ER. my other friend failed to get a very obvious cancer diagnosis until he had a stroke from complications. I wanted to buy a house in the NEK but the healthcare options are what is concerning to me.

Necessary_Cat_4801 t1_jbhcevx wrote

Are you married w/kids? If not DO NOT MOVE TO ST JOHNSBURY unless you don't mind having zero social life. Zero. None.

Beefyaki9111111 OP t1_jbisv55 wrote

I am married with kids. My husband and I are looking to work a little less and spend more time with family so hoping it’ll be a good fit .